Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Best Free Content


Being on someone’s mailing list is not always a bad idea, especially if they give out good free stuff. I don’t know why it took me so long to figure this out.  Maybe it’s because I now own my own website and am now looking for good content to use in my blog and newsletter.
I could always outsource my blog and my newsletter. However, if I am going to be personal and sincere with my audience, it would make good since to do my own blogging. Nevertheless, whether I need content for my blog or newsletter, I can either pay for it or find a way to get it free.
Joining someone’s mailing list does not mean you can simply copy someone’s content and post it to your blog. You must read, read, read and read.  Then you must list the main points and expound on them in your own words. Never copy word for word.  The information you read must flow through your brain and be reprocessed and rewritten with your personality and writing style.  Let’s be honest, just about everything you write comes from something you read somewhere else. It is just packaged differently before you regurgitate it. 
Here is a strategy you can use when signing up for free mailing list.
Search (Google) whatever topic in which you need information.  Go to several websites and sign up for different newsletters. They are usually free. Be sure to use a junk email address because you may get bombarded with undesirable junk mail.
Wait until you receive an invitation to a free webinar. The good webinars will offer a free gift for attending the webinar. I have received some good content this way. Especially, when after the webinar they attempt to sell you a marketing product for $1000 or more. Many times you will be required to sit through the entire webinar in order to receive your free product. This may be risky since you do not even know if the product will be eye catching and exciting. But this is the chance you will have to take for good free content.
There are many places on the Internet in which you can get free content or at a very low price, but it is usually of low quality. Delete the undesirable content and keep the desirable content.
You may be asking how to determine the good content from the poor content.  That’s easy. If you are not intrigued by the writing then there is a great probability no one else will be either.
 Keep in mind that good content is good reading. Take bits and pieces of your good reading from different places and sum it all up in your own words or make it something totally different from anything you have ever read.
Here is a source for free content. As I mentioned earlier, you must sign up for their free news letter or webinar. I could just give you the information myself, but I think you will lose out on lots of good information if you do not sit through the presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment